Also known as physiotherapy, physical rehabilitation is a type of healthcare geared toward remediating injuries and impairments, easing disabilities and promoting motion, movement and mobility by way of physical instruction. If you have been injured or are disabled, there’s a good chance that physical rehabilitation could help you have a faster, stronger recovery, improve your mobility and feel better overall!
In conjunction with providing other forms of medical assessment and care, our specialists at Lyceum Physical Medicine are highly aware of the benefits of prescribing physical rehabilitation. Here are some of the conditions and situations which we’ve successfully treated:
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic disorders and injuries
- Neurological disorders and diseases
- Arthritis and osteoporosis
- Joint pain and stiffness
- Other types of pain associated with aging
- Wounds and burns
- Developmental delays and other pediatric disorders
- Women’s health problems
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary problems
And many more! If you’re going through pain or discomfort and you’re healthy enough for light movement and exercise, physical rehabilitation can be a great pathway to improving your quality of life.
So, how does our physical rehabilitation staff work miracles, anyway? Getting people back on their feet can be a long process, but we are equipped with a large arsenal of treatment methods that have proven effective for hundreds of our patients:
- Exercise therapy: A routine specifically catered toward your illness, injury or condition is determined in order to improve strength, flexibility and coordination while also focusing on a program that will prevent future problems.
- Manual therapy: Combining the massage, mobilization and manipulation of your muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments, manual therapy is meant to relax your body, decrease pain and increase your flexibility.
- Muscle stimulation: Also known as neuromuscular electrical stimulation, this form of physical rehabilitation utilizes the power of electricity to contract your muscles. This process works to rehabilitate and increase your mobility and strength.
- Ultrasound & heat therapy: Using focused sonic and heat waves, our specialists increase blood flow to speed up the healing process and stimulate your cell membranes.
- Education: Throughout the whole process, you will discover so much about your physical body and receive instruction on how actively diminish the issues you’re facing.
To learn more, simply set up an appointment with one of our experts so that you can hop on the road to recovery at Lyceum Physical Medicine. We can’t wait to begin the healing process with you!